Ryder System

現正顯示 5,147 則評論

Busy Environment

Indeed 精選評論

Indeed 精選最有幫助的評論
Very stressful environment, give you too many stops to do with impossible times to complete them. Tell management about safety issues and was told "Just do it".Favoritism for certain drivers, while other drivers would have to pick up the slack and get double to triple the workload. Very unsafe work environment.
這個點評對您有用嗎?

One of the best companies I've ever worked for.

If you like to just do your job and go home. This is the place to work. Pay is decent easy job. Insurance and time off could be better. Good trucks, well maintained.

優點

Reasonable workday around 8-10 daily. Guaranteed pay weekly thatnis fair. There is a shop on site, they take good care of the trucks. Management is not overhearing.

缺點

Health insurance is scamming. Lots of NYC. Not enough vacation time.. and its hard to get time off.

This company sucks

This company sucks an so does the management an doesn’t appreciate their workers at all an if you need to leave work for something they get mad an upset with u an if you can’t work the weekends or hours they need from u they will let you go right then an there or write u up for it too

缺點

Don’t ever work for this company they don’t appreciate their workers at all

Areas for advancement available

Advancement available if willing to work for it. Above average industry pay. Employees have empowerment to make decisions on many business matters. Reasonable work-life balance.
這個點評對您有用嗎?

First time managers and supervisors

I left Ryder after two years of service. I've been in logistics longer than many of my supervisors and managers have been alive. I know my stuff. Let's start with the good. Ryder pays slightly better than average starting wages in the area. The opportunity for overtime is fairly constant so there's money to be made. Many of the people I worked with are good hard working people willing to help you out if you ask for it. Health benefits could be better and/or more affordable. They offer paid time off with the ability to borrow time if you meet length of service requirements. Now the bad. Floor supervision is spotty. There's no consistency in the supervision and some have agendas and personal grudges against employees. One in particular stands out in that that person enjoys terminating people and even bragged about it. Management that I dealt with was inexperienced in the role for which they were given. Often times not having an answer to questions and having to refer back to someone else or giving a word salad answer that left you confused or simply frustrated with not having gotten an answer. There's no human resource representative on site. You're told to use an app that in my opinion isn't and doesn't fulfill the role of HR being that you have no idea who you're talking to on the other side of the app. It could very well be the person of which was your reason for reaching out to HR to begin with. Overtime is on a mandatory basis and not guaranteed and is typically for a 12 hour shift. If they don't have the work they send you home after a few hours. This has been known to -

請為您最近服務的企業評分

請分享您的體驗,為其他人提供協助

It's an ok job

As a disclaimer: Ryder is a 3PL, so my experience with Ryder is anecdotal, and may not be representative of someone else's experience, as the company has many accounts that vary from client-to-client. Benefits: The medical insurance is pricey for the coverage it provides. I'm looking to insure employee only, and the premium is still insane.Pay: It's competitive for the local market and positionSchedule: It varies, but fair so far.Equipment: Is garbage. The yard truck interior is thrashed, the exterior is roached, A/C doesn't work, makes working there difficult.Management/coworkers: Approachable and friendly.Overall, it's an okay job to justify the commute for now. Definitely the best option for the surrounding areas.

Change without notice

Safety, ?

Better than most trucking companies! Sadly that really doesn't say much because the bar is so low. If you need to work and trucking is the best you can do, than this is the place you want to work at.

優點

Hourly pay, paid holidays.

缺點

Terrible Ryder shops & you have to use their shops.
這個點評對您有用嗎?

Not a good place to work

I work at this place for several years I do not recommend it they make you work a lot of extra hours if you don't comply they threaten you to be laid off or they'll give you very little hours for you to quit the district managers they're very disrespectful with the warehouse manager and supervisors so you managers are always in a bad day when they lose the account you automatically fired so you never know for how long you have work?

Has its pros and cons

Your colleges that you work with along with rental and operation verticals are all awesome people and make the public image for Ryder. The problem is way too many people in leadership any deal has to go through multiple management leaders for review and approval. Talking anything you ask can take weeks while we are the face and expected to give answers to customers in a timely manner
這個點評對您有用嗎?

Transportation side - Huge promotion availability / Warehouse side - not so much

The warehouse side of the company seems to have difficulty expanding. It seems that most of the revenue goes into transportation. Personnel who have started before me higher than me now. The company has "okay" compensation, definitely not bad, depending on the COL in your area. The work/life balance can be difficult depending on a lot of factors such as your customer, and your role. I have learned immensely in this position and everyone is always working hard so that motivation spreads.
這個點評對您有用嗎?

Great team. On call and doing tires sucks

Used to be great. Work piles up. Compensation doesn't match. Used to be fun and organized. Now we spend more time chasing parts than actually working on trucks lol. Forced on call sucks and compensation isn't worth doing it. Sick of doing tires instead of calling a tire company
這個點評對您有用嗎?

Ryder was nothing special.

Recruiter said I would be home 3 nights a week and weekends but ended up spending 4 nights a week sleeping in truck. Rental trucks were often not the best trucks in the fleet. All driver were not assigned company trucks.

Excellent Company

Ryder is an excellent company to work for. The team was very knowledgeable and helpful. Lifelong friendships were made with colleagues. Ryder does an excellent job listening to their employees and making sure everyone feels included and valued.

優點

Thoughtful and smart management. Helpful colleagues

No cons to think of.
這個點評對您有用嗎?

Love coming to work everyday

Great laid back working environment, great management, stress free onboarding process and new hire training, uniforms provided, everything is new and modern up to date, good benefits, nice paychecks great pay, very nice clean facility. I really have no complaints your treated well as long as you give your best. Get you a box of hand warmers foot warmers from Amazon and battery heated gloves with extra batteries. It's cold in there no joke!

Dispatcher

I enjoyed my time working at Ryder. They offered a great environment, great pay, but the job was stressful. Lots of phone calls, dealing with angry drivers, and incompetent carriers.

second account

Watch out for the position with stops & miles pay. Your not paid to fuel or tarp and you have to work free .45 minutes everyday to do delays. Flatbed is a easy place to be hurt. Your asked/told to cover other drivers deliveries ( plus your route ) whom are unable/Incompetent to complete their daily tasks. Management manages with intimidation. HR is non-existent, holiday pay is half day for Christmas & New Years. Equipment is junk. Be sure to receive a job description in writing🤣🤣 Best of luck to all you newbies, you’ll need it,

very dead end

the company likes to hire all positions from the outside. makes you really feel just like a peg in hole. not much room for growth and what growth there is the company will not compensate you for being more productive. typical capitalist structure.

Supportive Leadership - Compensation and Benefits

PROS: Leadership team is supportive when addressing employees concerns, they actually listen. I AM being heard. Does not often happen in CSR - Call Center environments. For this I would recommend this job. CONS: Some Ryder Maintenance Repair shops on-site personnel agendas are NOT transparent. NO collaboration causes customer confusion and frustration. For this I would quote one of the interviewers... "you need tough skin"

優點

Leadership and Peers - Work Family, NO negative office politics and WORKING FROM HOME!

缺點

Pay - too low for California cost of living.

Stressful Environment

While working at Ryder they give a great first impression that they care and Ryder is the best in the warehousing business. After working here for a month I realize that is not the case. Their pay is good but their management is unprofessional. Expect to be constantly berated for not fulfilling the expectations they set forth. Some how they expect 35 pallets to be put away in an hour in inbounds and yet the most I've ever seen anyone do is 25. Their computer system while they boast is the best, is the most headache inducing system I've ever used. I do not recommend working here.

Pay

Everything else
這個點評對您有用嗎?

Productive and fun place to work

Plenty of opportunities and money to be made, been here 3 months and can say I love it. Good work atmosphere for the most part. Have time for my home life and to be home when I need to be home.
這個點評對您有用嗎?

Hard physical labor moving furniture

The job is 15-20% driving with the rest being hard physical labor loading and unloading a 53' box trailer, in exhausting heat, with a hand dolly. You will be moving donated furniture, clothing, etc. from one Goodwill to another Goodwill. There is absolutely nothing rewarding about this job. It is truly hard, back breaking, physical labor.

None I can think of

缺點

Hard physical labor in exhausting heat

想知道更多公司詳情?