TutorABC
取得每週更新、新職缺通知和評論
TutorABC 員工評論

A diverse and enriching experience

2019年7月31日
I worked from home (Online English Teacher) so I didn't get to have much fun, but overall the experience was diverse and enriching. As I speak English fluently, the rest of the job was easy. Or so I thought. I had to schedule sessions with the students (from different ages and cultural backgrounds), provided by the company together with the standard lessons. When I got online to teach, the class started and the students got online too through a shared application for the next 50 minutes. Once the class ended, there was an evaluation process for each student on different levels and I was evaluated by them too. A recurrent problem I noticed had to do with the connection, the background noise as the students use to log in from their workplace or home, so some of them were disturbed by the noise coming from the others. Then there was the discrepancies in English level between those in the session (maximum six students), some of them not being able to grasp the meaning of some words, the pronunciation or the whole content of the lesson. This could annoy those more advanced and frustrate those with poor English. In any case, the lesson (12-15 pages or so) had to be fully covered in those 50 minutes, no matter how much some student were able to participate or not. A failing internet connection on their side combined with the noise and the rush to finish the lesson could and sometimes did lead to a poor evaluation on their part, which was frustrating for the teacher. But overall the experience is interesting and enriching.
按類別評分
工作與生活平衡
企業文化
类似点评
2019年7月14日
相同关键职能
English Teacher (離職員工) - Taiwan
I think they are an awesome company, I would like them to pay more tho, I think it is an amazing way for kids and adults to lear English at home, I loved the experience
2019年5月2日
相同关键职能
Online English Teacher (離職員工) - Taiwan
I taught at an International School in Thailand for two years. I have my Degree and my TEFL. TutorABC was my first online English Teaching experience. I worked for TutorABC for three months. TutorABC offers 45 minute and 25 minute sessions. The 45 minute sessions can have 1-6 students (30% of mine were with 1 student). The 25 minute sessions can have 1-2 students. I have taught 666 25 minute classes and 92 45 minute classes with an overall rating of 9.68 out of 10.

TutorABC says that you can make up to USD$30/hr with their 45 minute sessions. This is a sick joke and is based on ALL THE STUDENTS giving you a 10 rating. The students are NOT REQUIRED to rate the teachers. You, as a teacher, can remind them to rate your class, but you can not ask for a high score or you will be fired. When students do not rate you, you as a teacher have no recourse. I have contacted TutorABC many times in the beginning to ask them to remind the students to rate my class and received silence in return. This is the SCAM that TutorABC uses to cheat the teachers.

TutorABC get s paid by the students. If the students DO NOT rate the teachers, TutorABC keeps your portion of the bonus. TOTAL SCAM.

DO NOT teach for TutorABC unless you like being treated like an underpaid slave.
優點
Flexible hours and decent technical support.
缺點
Horrible management and schedulers, poor lesson material, last minute change of classes without teacher knowledge.
2019年3月10日