TutorABC 在 台北市 的員工的評論

找到 17 則符合搜尋條件的評論 查看 122 則評論
排列順序: 有益性 | 評價 | 日期
工作文化
A diverse and enriching experience
Online English Teacher (離職員工) –  台北市2019年7月31日
I worked from home (Online English Teacher) so I didn't get to have much fun, but overall the experience was diverse and enriching. As I speak English fluently, the rest of the job was easy. Or so I thought. I had to schedule sessions with the students (from different ages and cultural backgrounds), provided by the company together with the standard lessons. When I got online to teach, the class started and the students got online too through a shared application for the next 50 minutes. Once the class ended, there was an evaluation process for each student on different levels and I was evaluated by them too. A recurrent problem I noticed had to do with the connection, the background noise as the students use to log in from their workplace or home, so some of them were disturbed by the noise coming from the others. Then there was the discrepancies in English level between those in the session (maximum six students), some of them not being able to grasp the meaning of some words, the pronunciation or the whole content of the lesson. This could annoy those more advanced and frustrate those with poor English. In any case, the lesson (12-15 pages or so) had to be fully covered in those 50 minutes, no matter how much some student were able to participate or not. A failing internet connection on their side combined with the noise and the rush to finish the lesson could and sometimes did lead to a poor evaluation on their part, which was frustrating for the teacher. But overall the experience is interesting and enriching.
這個點評對您有用嗎? 3 1舉報
Bueno
Tutor de Ingles (在職員工) –  台北市2019年1月3日
Buen sueldo. Los horarios muy buenos. Ambiente de trabajo, great.
這個點評對您有用嗎? 3舉報
Ok
Senior English Teaching Consultant (離職員工) –  Taipei, TW2018年12月3日
Helped clients learn English and get to know more about products. I learned how to instruct students to learn a language using creative ways. The greatest part about the job was that i got to learn more teaching skills from colleagues.
這個點評對您有用嗎? 3 2舉報
工作文化
While it's easy to get time off, it's difficult to get any support or help from them.
Consultant (離職員工) –  台北市2018年8月25日
You are essentially alienated from your superiors. When technical problems arise, they will essentially tell you it's your problem not theirs, and will remove all your classes and lock you out of your account until they feel like letting you back in. On the plus, I like teaching adults with them.
Teaching adults was fun
缺點
Hours are sporadic and compensation is very low.
這個點評對您有用嗎? 11舉報
Seriously underpaid
English Teacher (離職員工) –  台北市2018年7月26日
By the end of my time working there, the hours given to me were so low. My base pay was only 6.50 an hour and had the potential to go up if students gave a good rating. Students didn't always give you rating and occasionally gave bad ratings due to technical issues that were out of my control, mainly tutorABC's server problems. The platform was very unstable. If students gave you a bad rating then that class was only worth half the pay. So 3.25 for the hour. There was no possibility for a raise.
優點
Easy to get time off, somewhat flexible schedule, work from home
缺點
Extremely low pay, peak hours tend to be inconvenient, technical difficulties
這個點評對您有用嗎? 12 1舉報
工作文化
Good if you are passionate about teaching English
English Tutor (離職員工) –  台北市2018年2月11日
Get to know the foreign culture. You have to be passionate about teaching English and have a fun outgoing personality. The time zone I lived in wasn't good for it but it might be ok if you live in a good time zone.
這個點評對您有用嗎? 2 3舉報
工作文化
bad culture and bad business approach
Product Manager (離職員工) –  Taipei City2017年8月31日
usually, start at 8 and walk out office at 8, sometimes 10.
paid good, but if you average your work hour, not worth it.
top management... well, look on the internet...
優點
office environment is nice.
no time to enjoy
這個點評對您有用嗎? 12 1舉報
New changes in Tutor ABC
consultant (在職員工) –  台北市2017年6月27日
I don't usually post things on the internet, but here are the facts and reality of working in Tutor ABC. (this is for the people who's considering working for this company)

This job is all about rating bonus from the clients.
Since they change the payroll system and teaching time for the consultant, the salary has basically been cut in half.
The adult students might not give you any rating, but not because your a bad teacher, but because they simply don't care about it!
With the 25 minute session, even if you teach real hard, if the clients didn't give you a rating of "10" <-- which is a full rating. You don't get ANY bonus from that teaching session.
I didn't have any problems with their management team, instead found very helpful for any trouble shooting during the sessions. However, I really don't see any of their business strategy of "Motivating their Teachers!".

It seems like: The good teachers would leave this job as soon as they found a better online teaching companies. The poor teacher are left in the company. result with more client complains.

This is only my personal opinion ( I have been working in the English teaching field for more than 8 years, and hopefully what I wrote could help you!)
Try to compare more posts, search deeper of what other people think of Tutor ABC, but do search new posts, or posts that are from May 2017 or later, because Tutor ABC had a new change started on that date.

自從Tutor ABC 更新他們的制度後,他們成功的找到了新的方式從他們自己的線上老師抽取更多的錢。 現在25分中的課程中,如果你沒有達到學生10分的評價,基本上他不會有額外bonus. 在45分中的課程中,當學生很多時,相對的碰到的問題也會更多,例如(學生中有人的麥克風有雜音影響到其他學生,學生程度不一,學生學得很開心卻不給你評分等)還有許多其他的問題,這只是當中目前簡短的說明。
  更多......
在這裡工作都是為了賺取學生評價,但是你會發現,許多學生都不會給予任何評價,只因為他們覺得麻煩,而不是因為你教的不夠專業(我自己已經有8年以上的補習班學校等受教經驗,因為需要彈性時間上班的問題才在這家公司上班,不過看來不久要再次找工作了)

1.如果你打算在這家公司上班,你可以期待有彈性的工作時間(但是切記:你給予公司你能上班的時間,並不代表他們會給你排課!)
2.如果你是很有經驗的老師也許可以得到稍微比較高點的評分(但是切記:有50%的學生不會因為你是好的老師或是壞的老師給你任何評分!因為他們根本不在乎)

希望大家也可以多比較評語 (但要找評語的話,請找2017六月後的評語,因為他們的新制度是在這時候更新的。

對於此公司的個人評價
希望此公司能把自己的員工當員工 而不是剝削的對象
自從新的制度開始後,陸陸續續有許多老師也在線上申明他們的想法,可以多看多參考(特別也希望TutorABC 的CEO和高層的主管可以看看員工們的心聲,因為在tutor ABC 裡面,根本沒有根高層反應看法的任何管道,只有接受和不接受。
  顯示更少
優點
Many helps for online trouble shooting
缺點
They make new changes to lower your salary and increase your teaching hours.
這個點評對您有用嗎? 30 2舉報
Very good job
English Tutor (離職員工) –  Taipei, Taiwan2017年4月10日
At home job that gives employee great room to expand learn learn opportunities and promotions. Great staff and a growing company. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and plan to work there again.
Flexible work schedule
Internet glitches
這個點評對您有用嗎? 2 8舉報
能夠學習不同的工作方式及說話技巧以及客群服務實戰經驗與應對
語言諮詢顧問 (離職員工) –  台北市2017年4月10日
在此工作典型的一天:
早上9-10點至晚上22點,期間需要開發客群,維護舊有客戶,語言分析及解說
以及文案審理,制式化開會討論,不定期更新公司制度變化及活動,例行文書處理

您學到了什麼:通過電話進行客戶拜訪,銷售及服務,了解說話技巧的魅力及優勢,能夠迅速掌握客戶主要的購買需求,以及為何而買,面對繁雜的一體化線上服務,能夠紮實的訓練自己的口才文書處理及案件問題討論與思考,也讓我更認識自己的工作想法

管理人員是否有領導力:通過專制制度文化,比較無法得以感受實質的領導氛圍,照本宣科的管理方式

工時過長與薪資不符比例原則, 文化專制, 作業流程冗長, 制式化會議效果不彰
這個點評對您有用嗎? 45 15舉報
Its alright
Online Instructor (在職員工) –  Taipei, Taiwan2017年3月31日
Good place to work however you need a good working internet for you to be successful Most of the students can't speak proper English hard to understand them. Company willing to work with you
home
Students grade you anything lower than a 5 the company will fire you
這個點評對您有用嗎?舉報
Flexible work, Low pay
English Consultant (在職員工) –  台北市2016年12月12日
Good company overall, offering more flexibility for teachers in terms of days off and internal comprehension of technical issues that inevitably arise for online teachers. Terrible salary, capping at $8.25 an hour with overall insignificant bonuses and no hope for pay increases with time and experience. The company does offer other higher paying positions, but these are extremely limited and not publicized. So, this is a good company to get teaching hours. Bad company to build your economic life around.
flexibility
salary
這個點評對您有用嗎? 8 3舉報
工作文化
Many creative Idea but don't give reasonable schedule to develop
Empty (離職員工) –  Taipei2016年10月15日
I like creative and crazy idea with project, but boss always don't understand what is reasonable schedule to develop. So many managers will be humiliated when they can't meet the unreasonable schedule. I saw many managers and team develop under unreasonable schedule that projects result are't quality.
Salary
Job Work/Life not Balance
這個點評對您有用嗎? 10 5舉報
工作文化
Flexible and Secure Work Hours with Terrible Middle-management.
English Consultant (在職員工) –  台北市2016年5月7日
I've worked with this company for 3 years. I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience in interesting culture and interpersonal skills. It has a benefit of teleworking, so you can work from home; no need to commute. It works with commission, so you can get anywhere between $9 and $15 per hour, USD.
The major drawback of this company is no benefits (retirement, insurance, dental, etc) and the worst middle management I've ever experienced. You have no supervisor, or manager, or anyone who you can document or report your work to. There is a communication center, but unfortunately they don't respond frequently enough for emergencies or urgent situations (24+ hours for responses). You cannot talk to fellow consultants, so you can't gain knowledge or experience from colleagues, and there is no real chance of advancing in the career. (I've been offered 2 different positions, but neither of them paid more money.)
Flexible work schedule, as many hours as you want to work, 45 minute sessions
缺點
No benefits, no middle management
這個點評對您有用嗎? 34 5舉報
TutorABC is a Greedy, Unprofessional Company
English Teacher (在職員工) –  台北市, TPE2015年3月5日
TutorABC is unprofessional and hours are not stable. They hire anyone even if you don't have any certifications or teaching skills. The fixed schedule they want you to make is not suited for times outside of Taiwan's time zone and surrounding areas so you have to work very early hours in the morning (Ex: 4am, 5am, 6am). The only time the money pays off is if you are promoted to demo consultant and have a lot of sessions with good ratings (bonuses for good ratings).

A lot of the workers (schedulers, IT) are unprofessional with client sessions (if there are problems with connection they will make you struggle with the class either the whole time and waste 45 minutes or wait til you are half or more than halfway through with time rather than just rescheduling the client). Sometimes I can't even get help from IT. Sales people try hit on me in the messages while I am talking to clients. So unprofessional and disgusting! The training videos are horrible. The people in them have such bad attitudes.

The sales people try to criticize me if I don't correct demo clients enough even when they themselves speak minimal English because they want me to try to sell the course to the client (you can't correct someone if their English doesn't need correcting). The workers ask me to use Chinese with clients when they don't understand but then I get criticized after I use it (If a person does not understand they expect you to just move on instead of teach them what the word or phrase means in their native tongue which is not effective whatsoever).

Regular classes can become too
  更多...... crowded. When there are 5 or 6 people in one class and 45 minutes of class the students get very little speaking time (which means they complain and rate you poorly, which affects your pay) This company mostly just cares about making money, not about the teachers, workers, or clients. I would never recommend working here to others.  顯示更少
優點
SEMI- flexible (besides the fixed hours, but they may not even book you so you might not get paid)
缺點
unprofessional, pay is not stable, hours are not stable, greedy, uncaring
這個點評對您有用嗎? 70 6舉報
Great Job
ESL Teacher Online (在職員工) –  Taipei, Taiwan2013年1月30日
Great Job. I work from home. I teach students how to speak English. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can set my own hours to tutor my students.
work from home