TutorABC 員工對 English Teacher 的評論

找到 6 則符合搜尋條件的評論 查看 122 則評論
排列順序: 有益性 | 評價 | 日期
Fun working
English Teacher (離職員工) –  Taiwan2019年7月14日
I think they are an awesome company, I would like them to pay more tho, I think it is an amazing way for kids and adults to lear English at home, I loved the experience
這個點評對您有用嗎? 3舉報
TutorABC sucks
Online English Teacher (離職員工) –  Taiwan2019年5月2日
I taught at an International School in Thailand for two years. I have my Degree and my TEFL. TutorABC was my first online English Teaching experience. I worked for TutorABC for three months. TutorABC offers 45 minute and 25 minute sessions. The 45 minute sessions can have 1-6 students (30% of mine were with 1 student). The 25 minute sessions can have 1-2 students. I have taught 666 25 minute classes and 92 45 minute classes with an overall rating of 9.68 out of 10.

TutorABC says that you can make up to USD$30/hr with their 45 minute sessions. This is a sick joke and is based on ALL THE STUDENTS giving you a 10 rating. The students are NOT REQUIRED to rate the teachers. You, as a teacher, can remind them to rate your class, but you can not ask for a high score or you will be fired. When students do not rate you, you as a teacher have no recourse. I have contacted TutorABC many times in the beginning to ask them to remind the students to rate my class and received silence in return. This is the SCAM that TutorABC uses to cheat the teachers.

TutorABC get s paid by the students. If the students DO NOT rate the teachers, TutorABC keeps your portion of the bonus. TOTAL SCAM.

DO NOT teach for TutorABC unless you like being treated like an underpaid slave.
優點
Flexible hours and decent technical support.
缺點
Horrible management and schedulers, poor lesson material, last minute change of classes without teacher knowledge.
這個點評對您有用嗎? 14 1舉報
Seriously underpaid
English Teacher (離職員工) –  台北市2018年7月26日
By the end of my time working there, the hours given to me were so low. My base pay was only 6.50 an hour and had the potential to go up if students gave a good rating. Students didn't always give you rating and occasionally gave bad ratings due to technical issues that were out of my control, mainly tutorABC's server problems. The platform was very unstable. If students gave you a bad rating then that class was only worth half the pay. So 3.25 for the hour. There was no possibility for a raise.
優點
Easy to get time off, somewhat flexible schedule, work from home
缺點
Extremely low pay, peak hours tend to be inconvenient, technical difficulties
這個點評對您有用嗎? 12 1舉報
This is temporary position
Remote English teacher (在職員工) –  TW2018年3月5日
Working for TutorABC can be a little frustrating because the company is in China and although it is really nice working with the students it is very hard to get a staff member to communicate with the teachers for help with either technical problems or any other issue that may arise.
students are nice
缺點
low pay and no staff support
這個點評對您有用嗎? 10舉報
TutorABC is a Greedy, Unprofessional Company
English Teacher (在職員工) –  台北市, TPE2015年3月5日
TutorABC is unprofessional and hours are not stable. They hire anyone even if you don't have any certifications or teaching skills. The fixed schedule they want you to make is not suited for times outside of Taiwan's time zone and surrounding areas so you have to work very early hours in the morning (Ex: 4am, 5am, 6am). The only time the money pays off is if you are promoted to demo consultant and have a lot of sessions with good ratings (bonuses for good ratings).

A lot of the workers (schedulers, IT) are unprofessional with client sessions (if there are problems with connection they will make you struggle with the class either the whole time and waste 45 minutes or wait til you are half or more than halfway through with time rather than just rescheduling the client). Sometimes I can't even get help from IT. Sales people try hit on me in the messages while I am talking to clients. So unprofessional and disgusting! The training videos are horrible. The people in them have such bad attitudes.

The sales people try to criticize me if I don't correct demo clients enough even when they themselves speak minimal English because they want me to try to sell the course to the client (you can't correct someone if their English doesn't need correcting). The workers ask me to use Chinese with clients when they don't understand but then I get criticized after I use it (If a person does not understand they expect you to just move on instead of teach them what the word or phrase means in their native tongue which is not effective whatsoever).

Regular classes can become too
  更多...... crowded. When there are 5 or 6 people in one class and 45 minutes of class the students get very little speaking time (which means they complain and rate you poorly, which affects your pay) This company mostly just cares about making money, not about the teachers, workers, or clients. I would never recommend working here to others.  顯示更少
優點
SEMI- flexible (besides the fixed hours, but they may not even book you so you might not get paid)
缺點
unprofessional, pay is not stable, hours are not stable, greedy, uncaring
這個點評對您有用嗎? 70 6舉報