TutorABC
取得每週更新、新職缺通知和評論
TutorABC 員工評論

Seriously underpaid

2018年7月26日
By the end of my time working there, the hours given to me were so low. My base pay was only 6.50 an hour and had the potential to go up if students gave a good rating. Students didn't always give you rating and occasionally gave bad ratings due to technical issues that were out of my control, mainly tutorABC's server problems. The platform was very unstable. If students gave you a bad rating then that class was only worth half the pay. So 3.25 for the hour. There was no possibility for a raise.
按類別評分
工作與生活平衡
企業文化
優點
Easy to get time off, somewhat flexible schedule, work from home
缺點
Extremely low pay, peak hours tend to be inconvenient, technical difficulties
类似点评
2019年7月31日
相同关键职能相同工作地点
Online English Teacher (離職員工) - 台北市
I worked from home (Online English Teacher) so I didn't get to have much fun, but overall the experience was diverse and enriching. As I speak English fluently, the rest of the job was easy. Or so I thought. I had to schedule sessions with the students (from different ages and cultural backgrounds), provided by the company together with the standard lessons. When I got online to teach, the class started and the students got online too through a shared application for the next 50 minutes. Once the class ended, there was an evaluation process for each student on different levels and I was evaluated by them too. A recurrent problem I noticed had to do with the connection, the background noise as the students use to log in from their workplace or home, so some of them were disturbed by the noise coming from the others. Then there was the discrepancies in English level between those in the session (maximum six students), some of them not being able to grasp the meaning of some words, the pronunciation or the whole content of the lesson. This could annoy those more advanced and frustrate those with poor English. In any case, the lesson (12-15 pages or so) had to be fully covered in those 50 minutes, no matter how much some student were able to participate or not. A failing internet connection on their side combined with the noise and the rush to finish the lesson could and sometimes did lead to a poor evaluation on their part, which was frustrating for the teacher. But overall the experience is interesting and enriching.
2019年7月14日
相同关键职能
English Teacher (離職員工) - Taiwan
I think they are an awesome company, I would like them to pay more tho, I think it is an amazing way for kids and adults to lear English at home, I loved the experience
2019年3月10日