TutorABC
取得每週更新、新職缺通知和評論
TutorABC 員工評論

Good if you are passionate about teaching English

2018年2月11日
Get to know the foreign culture. You have to be passionate about teaching English and have a fun outgoing personality. The time zone I lived in wasn't good for it but it might be ok if you live in a good time zone.
按類別評分
工作與生活平衡
企業文化
2017年4月10日
Same roleSame location
At home job that gives employee great room to expand learn learn opportunities and promotions. Great staff and a growing company. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and plan to work there again.
優點
Flexible work schedule
缺點
Internet glitches
2019年7月31日
I worked from home (Online English Teacher) so I didn't get to have much fun, but overall the experience was diverse and enriching. As I speak English fluently, the rest of the job was easy. Or so I thought. I had to schedule sessions with the students (from different ages and cultural backgrounds), provided by the company together with the standard lessons. When I got online to teach, the class started and the students got online too through a shared application for the next 50 minutes. Once the class ended, there was an evaluation process for each student on different levels and I was evaluated by them too. A recurrent problem I noticed had to do with the connection, the background noise as the students use to log in from their workplace or home, so some of them were disturbed by the noise coming from the others. Then there was the discrepancies in English level between those in the session (maximum six students), some of them not being able to grasp the meaning of some words, the pronunciation or the whole content of the lesson. This could annoy those more advanced and frustrate those with poor English. In any case, the lesson (12-15 pages or so) had to be fully covered in those 50 minutes, no matter how much some student were able to participate or not. A failing internet connection on their side combined with the noise and the rush to finish the lesson could and sometimes did lead to a poor evaluation on their part, which was frustrating for the teacher. But overall the experience is interesting and enriching.
2019年3月10日